Ship from India

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Ujjwol Ujjwol
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ship from India

In recent 4/5 years there has e-commerce has been in surge in India. With startups like Flipkart getting up to billion dollar valuation and all. Products in Indian e-commerce are much cheaper than Amazon USA and given geographical proximity with India, Harilo could bring the good much cheaper and faster. What do you think? India offers a new possibilities for choices in Harilo.
harilo harilo
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ship from India

I agree.  With Nepal's proximity to India and China, both of which are projected to have booming new e-commerce ecosystems things will change rapidly in Nepal.   Harilo is actively looking to expand to include India and Hong Kong.

Realistically, however, I think it will take a few years for their offerings to mature and compete (in terms of selection if not price) with the U.S. market.  I've been following Amazon's growth for a while and it is not trivial to re-create what Amazon, Walmart, Apple et al. have done.
Ujjwol Ujjwol
Reply | Threaded
|

But they are much cheaper. For example, compare a book in Flipkart and Amazon.
harilo harilo
Reply | Threaded
|

Pricing of books (and general media) in the U.S. are very complex.  It isn't just the price of printing the books but royalties for the authors etc. which is why the same books are much cheaper to buy in Asia than in the U.S. (or why used books are so much cheaper).

But for everything else (electronics, clothing, automobiles, mobiles, software etc.) pricing is usually cheaper in the U.S. since they have a very mature and advanced/efficient logistics network.
yudhir yudhir
Reply | Threaded
|

This post was updated on .
Or Way Better is To Expand on Mainland China..Instead of goods traveling halfway round the earth(We all know Most of the goods are made in china..travel to US or any country..get branded).Just bring it over from Tatopani.
Sites like Alibaba Have a huge foothold in the region and agressively expanding.

Nepal doesn't deserve to Suffer by any means! It has alot of oppurtunities of trade.