i understand that you don't want it truncated. but send us a screenshot of the design of what it looks like when it is not truncated if you can. right now it's a simple table design with title, url, and actions on one row. as soon as you stop truncating it will not all fit on the same line and you need a new design to accomodate it....
1. URL (column is removed and) is inserted to the adjacent column as a hyperlink, eliminating an entire column which would save a lot of space on a small table of 500px width.
2. Padding (8px) is added to cells for clarity from each position (TRBL).
3. Cells are vertically centered for better ergonomics.
4. Command panel is set a fixed width (180px) to avoid it split into two lines.
5. Hover is set (as background color) on each row to give users an idea on where they are.
6. Hover is set (as foreground color) on each cell to give users an idea on where they are.
Similarly, while reading your blog, I came to know that you are using RoR and PostgreSQL server, an excellent ORDBMS which supports binary storage. Please have a look on my blog if you find it interesting ...